Process Modelling and Simulation Lab deals in the design, development, integration, intensification, and operations of chemical and engineering processes including but not limited to following areas:
- Gasification / Reforming / Oxyfuel
- Rankine and Brayton Cycles
- Carbon Capture and Utilization
- H2 / Methanol / Power Generation Systems
- Waste to Energy Systems
- Development of Waste to Energy systems for H2 and Methanol Production. (In-Progress)
- Development of Methanol Production Process using multi fuels in the Integrated Processes (In-Progress)
- Integration of Gasification Process with the Reforming and Oxy-Fuel Technologies for enhancing H2 / Electricity Production Capacity with CO2 Capture (Completed)
Completed Industrial Projects
- Process monitoring and fault diagnosis of LNG plant of Test Bed 2 in South Korea (2016).
- Process modification in IGCC process for power generation and CO2 capture (2015).
- Process optimization of KEPCO IGCC power plant with CCS (2014).
- CCS implementation with amine based solvents on 10MW post-combustion power plant (2014).
- Plant design project on Production Of 2400 Metric Ton of Ammonia (2011).
- Project report on preparation of BIO-DIESEL from rapeseed oil (2009).
- Development of Aspen Hysys Manuals for Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Programs at KFUPM (On Going)
- Curriculum development for BSc and PhD courses in Energy & Environmental Engineering at University of the Punjab (2017-2018)